The aims of the Researchers' Society are:
- To provide a voice and promote the welfare and career development of researchers across the Centre
- To improve and facilitate training and career development of researchers across the Centre
- To build a collaborative and engaged community of researchers
- To promote the exchange and dissemination of information relating to matters affecting researchers across the Centre
- To facilitate communication, collaboration and sharing of ideas within the research community across the Centre
The Society is mainly aimed to researchers with fixed term contracts (PhD students, research staff) who are almost entirely dependent upon grant funding. Membership of the society is assumed for all PhD students, research and academic staff either working for the MRC‐PHE centre for Environment and Health or whose Principal Investigator (PI)/Project is part of the centre.
The organisation of the Researchers' Society is conducted by the Researchers' Society Committee. Membership of the Committee should be open to all members who attend Committee meetings and show an active interest in the running of the society. The Committee has three key officers, the Co-chair people and the treasurer. The Researchers Society has a representative on the Centre’s Executive Committee, as a full member. thereby ensuring that the needs of the Centre's researchers can be presented to the key decision makers.